Thursday, August 9, 2012

Little Black Dress | August Kit | Lucky Penny

The Little Black Dress Kit Club's August kit, Lucky Penny, is available for sale. This kit is so versatile as you can see from the variety of layout topics featured below. You can click on any of the photos below to view them larger.

First up—my favorite this month. I finally hopped on the speech bubble bandwagon. 

SUPPLIES Little Black Dress August kit--patterned paper: Sassafras, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park & Teresa Collins | tag: Elle's Studio | paperclip: Studio Calico [non-kit items: patterned paper: Crate Paper (brown behind text) | Silhouette SD | title font: Bebas | twine: The Twinery | camera stamp: American Crafts]

Last month I dusted off my colored pencils and this month embossing powder made an appearance. I used black embossing powder on the ampersand stamp in the layout below. It's an older stamp from Studio Calico. It came with a set of numbers that I still love, but don't use very often.


SUPPLIES Little Black Dress August kit--patterned paper: Teresa Collins & Echo Park | tags: Elle's Studio | wood frame: My Mind's Eye [non-kit items: cardstock: American Crafts (kraft) & DCWV (red) | Silhouette SD | title font: Titan One | star punch: Fiskars | ampersand stamp: Studio Calico | embossing powder: American Crafts | vintage typewriter]

I love the photo in this one despite the crazy windswept hair. If Lucas wasn't such a strong, rugged, heavy little boy, he could have blown over that day. I handcut the clouds to go with the America Crafts Dear Lizzy printed vellum included in the kit.

 I used white embossing powder with the Elle's Studio stamp below.
SUPPLIES Little Black Dress August kit--printed vellum: American Crafts | month tag: Sassafras | other tags: Elle's Studio | stamp: Elle's Studio | alpha stickers: Sassafras [non-kit items  cardstock & embossing powder: American Crafts | sewing machine]

1 comment: