Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Write. Click. Scrapbook | October Gallery

The October gallery is live over at Write. Click. Scrapbook. The theme this month is Pinterest Made Me Do It. You can find the WCS blog post here and the gallery here.

This layout was inspired by a camera illustration by Dan Gnelding of Grayhood Design & Illustration.
Pin is here and original source can be found here.

To create the sheer colored circles I used translucent vellum, Copic markers, the Copic Airbrush System, and Colorless Blender solution in a small Tim Holtz mini misterI sprayed two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets with different colors. On one sheet I sprayed yellows, oranges, reds, pinks and purples. On the second sheet I sprayed blues and greens and realized I'm seriously lacking in blue and green shades. After airbrushing, I sprayed colorless blender all over the sheets, let dry and spray again in certain areas if I wanted a more noticeable texture. Once dry, I cut a variety of circles with my good ole Creative Memories cutting system. I adhered the circles with Glossy Accents.
SUPPLIES  cardstock: American Crafts | vellum: Strathmore | markers & airbrush system: Copic | camera stamp: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy) | smile stamp: My Mind's Eye | snapshots tag: Elle's Studio | ink: Staz-on jet black | Tim Holtz Mini Mister | Ranger Glossy Accents | Creative Memories cutting system (circles)

1 comment:

sophie said...

this is so creative, so artistic, so precious! you are an artist for sure. hugs